Understanding adolescent literacy lays the foundation for developing effective instructional strategies. Possessing such awareness may be helpful to middle and high school teachers. Element 2 provides resources about adolescent literacy concepts and the role district and school staff members have in improving adolescent literacy.
- Activity 1: The State of Adolescent Literacy Instruction
- Task 1: Explore Literacy in Grades 4-5
- Task 2: Explore Literacy in Middle and High School
- Task 3: Explore Integration of Literacy and Content Area Instruction
- Activity 2: Roles for District and School Staff Members