When posting messages to the MC3 Community of Knowledge, follow these guidelines:
- Register. Only registered members may post to the MC3 Community of Knowledge.
- Be nice. Please treat others with the same respect you would ask for yourself.
- Don't use profanity. Posts using profane or inappropriate language will be deleted.
- Stay on topic. The MC3 Community of Knowledge Discussion Forums are for discussions related to educational issues. We realize, however, that part of building a community involves getting to know the other people in the community. Therefore, the General Discussion Forums have been set aside for discussion not related to any other forum.
- Use an informative title for your message. Titles such as "Help!" and "Read Me!" do not tell readers what the problem is. Titles such as "5th Grade Reading Program" or "New refugee student in my class" give readers a clearer idea as to what kind of information you're searching for. It will also help other readers who come along later looking for the same information.
- Include as much information as possible about your question/problem/issue.
- Search the website and forums before posting your question/problem. Many questions are asked repeatedly, and your question may have been answsered previously. Don't be upset if someone points this out and refers you to another thread.
- Use the right forum. If your message doesn't fit the forum topic, it may be moved to the appropriate forum or deleted.
- Preview and check your message. Double-check what you've written and make sure it will make sense to other readers. If you post and then notice a mistake, you can edit your message with the Edit button or reply to the thread with a correction.
- Be patient. Don't expect an instant reply. If your message hasn't received a response in a day or two, please contact us and let us help you directly.
- Refer to other threads and outside sites in your posts. If the question is answered in another thread, a link to that thread is a sufficient answer. Likewise, if you know of an outside site or an article in another part of the MC3 Community of Knowledge that answers the question, posting a link is sufficient.
- Don't post spam or advertising. Do not post a message about a commercial product if you are selling it or if you are profiting from its sale. Spam and advertising posts are not permitted and will be deleted by the forum moderators.
- Don't post personally identifiable information. Remember, the information you post here is public. Posting personal information such as email addresses and/or other contact information may result in unwanted contact and/or email (spam), so be selective.
- Don't post personal attacks.
- Don't cross-post or double-post. In other words, don't post your question multiple times or in multiple forums. This merely creates more message traffic for you and others to read through. Multiple postings make it difficult for MC3 staff members and others to see if your message received a response. If you don't get a response from the forum, please contact us, and we will help you directly.
- Don't over-quote when replying to another post. Don't re-post the entire original question. You may quote previous posts by clicking the quote button. Please trim this quote to a few lines.