MC3 Work in Oklahoma
The Mid-Continent Comprehensive Center (MC3) in conjunction with each state education agency (SEA) develops an annual state work plan. The MC3 work plan for the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) addresses the following capacity building goals.
- Build OSDE's capacity to support districts and schools most in need of improvement and close the achievement gaps among diverse student populations.
- Increase OSDE's ability to support districts' and schools' implementation of NCLB with clearly articulated policies and procedures.
- Increase OSDE's capacity to provide quality professional development to its school support teams on high quality instruction and closing the achievement gap in the area of numeracy.
- Improve the quality of instruction at all levels in schools and in supplemental educational services (SES) to close the achievement gap.
- Enhance OSDE's capacity to support districts and schools in their efforts to increase parent and family involvement.
- Enhance OSDE's capacity to support districts and schools in their efforts to address the instructional needs of diverse learners, in particular, American Indian students.
- Build OSDE's capacity to support districts and schools in addressing the findings from the Comprehensive Migrant Needs Assessment.
SC3/OSDE Building Capacity to Support Low Performing Schools Planning Meeting (February 7, 2013)
OSDE Technology Training Seminars (February 27, 2013)
Oklahoma Advisory Council for Indian Education Meeting (February 19, 2013)
Building Shared Capacity Collaborative (April 29, 2013)
SSOS Action Planning (April 15, 2013)
MC3 Technical Assistance (TA) Team
MC3 Oklahoma TA Liaison Jennifer Pettit
MC3 Oklahoma TA Coordinator Sarah Hall
Oklahoma State Coordinating Council
- Dr. Janet Barresi, State Superintendent
- Dr. Rene Axtell, Assistant State Superintendent for Special Education Services
- Mrs. Teri Brecheen, Executive Director of Literacy
- Ms Sharon Brooks, Arkansas/Louisiana Technical Assistance Coordinator
- Dr. Chris Caram, Deputy Superintendent of Academic Affairs
- Mr. Richard Caram, State Director of C3 Schools
- Ms Ramona Coats, Assistant State Superintendent of Federal Programs
- Ms Mary Colvin, Title 1 School Support Executive Director
- Mrs. Alicia Currin-Moore, Executive Director of Teacher/Leader Effectiveness
- Mr. Jeff Downs, STEM Executive Director
- Mr. Michael Flory, Accountability Executive Director
- Ms Colleen Flory, Policy Implementation, Asst State Supt
- Ms Melodie Fulmer, Executive Director of Parent/Community Engagement/21st Century Learning
- Ms Sarah Hall, Associate Director and New Mexico/Oklahoma Technical Assistance Coordinator
- Mrs. Phyllis Hartfiel, Language Arts Director
- Ms Christa Knight, Tiered Intervention Coordinator
- Mr. John Kraman, Executive Director of Student Information
- Ms Courtney Lockridge, Math Director
- Dr. Maridyth McBee, Assistant State Superintendent of Accountability and Assessments
- Ms Melissa McGavock, Title III / Migrant Education Director
- Mrs. Erin Nation, Director of Early Childhood
- Mrs. Jennifer Pettit, Oklahoma Technical Assistance Liaison
- Mr. Dwight Pickering, Indian Education Director
- Mrs. Gina Scroggins, School Turnaround/School Improvement Grant (SIG) Director
- Ms Cathy Seward, AP/Gifted Education Executive Director
- Ms Marsha Thompson, Assistant State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Ms Kerri White, Assistant State Superintendent of Education Support
- Ms Melissa White, Executive Director of Counseling/ACE